By Ed Corrigan
Here are 7 quotes from Nelson Mandela that should be remembered. He was a great man. In my opinion the greatest politician of the Twentieth Century. Many people who are praising Mandela today severely criticized and attacked him in the past. He stood for truth and justice and was opposed to all forms of racism and apartheid. We need more leaders like him. Please pass on these quotes to your friends.
7. On the U.S. war with Iraq:
* If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America. They don’t care for human beings.
6. On Israel:
* Israel should withdraw from all the areas which it won from the Arabs in 1967, and in particular Israel should withdraw completely from the Golan Heights, from south Lebanon and from the West Bank.
5. On the U.S. war with Iraq:
* All that (Mr. Bush) wants is Iraqi oil.
4. Mandela on Castro and the Cuban revolution:
* From its earliest days, the Cuban Revolution has also been a source of inspiration to all freedom-loving people. We admire the sacrifices of the Cuban people in maintaining their independence and sovereignty in the face of the vicious imperialist-orchestrated campaign to destroy the impressive gain made in the Cuban Revolution. Long live the Cuban Revolution. Long live comrade Fidel Castro.
3. Mandela on Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, his longtime supporter.
* It is our duty to give support to the brother leader especially in regards to the sanctions which are not hitting just him, they are hitting the ordinary masses of the people our African brothers and sisters.
2. On the U.S. preparing to invade Iraq in a 2002 interview with /Newsweek/.
* If you look at those matters, you will come to the conclusion that the attitude of the United States of America is a threat to world peace.
1. On a Palestinian state:
* The UN took a strong stand against apartheid; and over the years, an international consensus was built, which helped to bring an end to this iniquitous system. But we know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.