Gema Widows Charity Foundation is a newly formed NGO duly registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), with registration number CAC/IT/NO: 81333. It is an NGO saddled with the responsibility of making WIDOWS economically empowered and also with an extended scope which includes INTERNALLY DISPLACED PEOPLE (IDP’s) and ORPHANS & VULNERABLE CHILDREN (OVC’s). The NGO is preparing for her formal launch and fund raising, but is currently carrying out awareness campaigns through all available media.
GEMA’s outreach occurs through our structured and strategic policy actions that involves Mentorship, Entrepreneurship and Empowerment also known as the MEE policy actions.
The policy actions helps us to through the Mentorship phase get to know the widows (also IDP’s and OVC’s) better by way of gathering them for meetings and paying them visits to better understand their challenges and areas they require help.
The second phase which is the Entrepreneurship phase involves providing any or all of the widows (also IDP’s and OVC’s) requiring training or retraining in the area of their passion or interest that can be economically empowered, and along with this phase is providing them with training on how they can sustain whatever business we set them up on through our partnering financial institutions.
The third phase is the Empowerment phase which is where the widows (also IDP’s and OVC’s) get material benefits of welfare packages and also items, funds, equipment, etc., that they may require to become setup for that business they are venturing into or are being supported for, so they can through it sustain themselves and their families.
PROJECT MEE FOR WIDOWS
The project MEE for widows is a tool for Mentorship, Entrepreneurship & Empowerment of widows within our immediate society as a way of launching our NGO and creating a niche for GWCF. The project MEE for widows has the following goals:
- To help widows become and feel integrated into the society through our policy actions i.e. MEE policy actions.
- To advocate on the need for the society to provide better recognition for widows and discourage as much as possible different forms of rejection and frustration brought upon them by relatives and in-laws.
- To provide the widows with skills, equipments, tools, methods, ideas and approaches targeted at making them become economically empowered and self-sustained.
- To advocate for ‘Widows Day’ to be set aside in the nations calendar as a way of acknowledging, recognizing and showing concern for them.
- To provide legal aid for the widows.
- To provide scholarship for the children of widows who cannot afford their children’s education.
DATE: 12 of December, 2015
VENUE: WOMEN CENTER BANQUET HALL OPP. CBN, ABUJA – FCT
Tasty Trends Catering & Events Management
Pretty Ink Signature
Fortunate caterers & events planners
Tree & Teas Dekor (a subsidiary of Agtho Merchant & Co. Ltd.)
Salako Adewale & Co
S&M Nigeria Limited
Notes for Editors
- There shall be Red Carpet Session
- There shall be interview Sessions
- There shall be photo Session
- There shall be Networking Session
- There shall be Back drop Banner for Partners and Sponsors
Every day: Samson +234-8060941228, Victor +234-7055077722
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.