An exciting news and current affairs show “Straight Talk with Kadaria” is to launch at 7.15pm, 2ndApril 2014 on Channels TV (channel 254 on DSTV cable Network).
According to Reinvent Media Ltd, producers of the programme, the show is a 45 minute news and current affairs programme set to air on Channels Television weekly and will also be aired on radio and be available online to a global audience.
The host for the programme is respected Nigerian journalist Kadaria Ahmed.
Mr. Elue of Reinvent Media said, “Based on the feedback we received for the pilot of the show, we know the programme will become one of the leading current affairs programmes in the country and will attract a large and varied audience,” adding, “the show is also very timely, launching at a time when the country is facing many challenges and Nigerians are looking for answers to a myriad of serious questions.’’
The host of the programme, Kadaria Ahmed will be having frank conversations about pressing national issues including but not limited to corruption, insecurity, politics and governance with leading national figures. Her guests include politicians, policy makers, public officers, technocrats and business leaders.
Mr Elue thanked Promasidor Nigeria Limited and Mr John Momoh, Chairman of Channels Television for their support and said he hoped more Nigerians and Nigerian companies will come forward to support programmes like ‘Straight Talk with Kadaria’ which enhance information dissemination and encourage frank dialogue among Nigerians, ultimately leading to the promotion of democracy and democratic values.
About Kadaria Ahmed
Kadaria Ahmed is a highly regarded international journalist, media editor, social commentator and TV personality. She moderated Nigeria’s 2011 vice-presidential and presidential debates to much national and international acclaim.
Kadaria’s early career was with the British Broadcasting Corporation in London where she worked as a journalist/senior producer across different parts of the organization, including the newsroom and on the two flagships programmes for Africa: Focus on Africa and Network Africa.
She has reported from diverse places such as Eritrea, the United States and South Africa and interviewed notable personalities. Kadaria was also part of a select BBC team of 4 that provided annual briefings on Africa to members of the British parliament. Prior to joining Reinvent Media’s executive team, Kadaria worked as the Editor of NEXT.
About Reinvent Media Ltd:
- A company set up by seasoned media practitioners producing content for multiple platforms including television, radio, print and the web
- Pursues a vision of innovation in traditional and digital media
- Specialists in multimedia content production and talent incubation
- Created the program “Straight Talk with Kadaria” featuring high profile personalities, news and current affairs for Television, Radio and the web
- Produced the internationally well-received coffee table book “Nigeria the Good News” in 2012
- Designing and producing content for an educational e-book series to be published in 2014
- Committed to the highest standards for media and journalism, operating in line with global best practices
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.