- Team: The stronger the team, and the more experience it has, the more opportunities there will be to generate interest from investors. However, if a team has been working together for some time without gaining any traction, it should have very strong arguments as to why success would be possible now.
- Networking: Have a professional network that allows teams to grow quickly and is reliable when it comes to starting a conversation. Making a list of contacts to pitch should be possible in proportion to past experiences.
- Decision: In a risky investment, no funder will want to commit capital to a part-time job. If the venture seems like a hobby, it will be difficult to convince a fund that there is good investment capital.
- Numbers: If presenting teams don’t know their market, their earning potential or the potential value of the company they intend to make, investors will have doubts.
- More numbers: How many people are connected to the Internet? How many people have cell phones? How far do you have to go in site traffic in order to sit down with big brands and media agencies?
- How will you earn money? If you intend to receive a risky investment, it’s likely that those ventures that propose nonprofit models will be automatically discarded.
- Business plan: The media are slow to grow, so if a media venture is to receive an investment, the investor wants it to last as long as possible with the least amount of expenses and the greatest traction to start generating profits.
- Think of something new: To propose what already exists in a market that already exists or is saturated will surely be difficult to sustain. Proposals must have – or have had – something distinctive.
- Analyze: What is the cost of each article in relation to general business expenses? What is the total mass of potential readers that you can get in a country? What is the percentage of shared articles you can have and what are the best techniques to achieve this in the shortest time possible?
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.