The African Centre for Media & Information Literacy (AFRICMIL) is non-government organisation that focuses on media, information, research, advocacy and training. It aims to promote media and information literacy as a key component in the enhancement of democracy and good governance and the promotion of accountability and orderly society.
AFRICMIL is currently engaged in a project to build public support for whistle-blowing and anti-corruption in Nigeria.
The purpose of the project is to build public confidence and support for the new Whistle Blower Policy of the Nigerian government and advocate for clear rules and guidelines for the safety of whistle-blowers. The overall aim is to enhance active citizens’ involvement and accelerate implementation of the new policy.
AFRICMIL is looking for an M&E officer with the requisite experience and knowledge.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Coordinator, the M&E Officer will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that projects maintain their strategic vision and that their activities result in the achievement of the intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of all AFRICMIL projects; assisting the Programme Manager in preparing reports on project progress, will monitor project activities on a regular basis, and will be responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities amongst others:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Provide feedback to the Programme Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Report regularly on progress on all project activities to the Coordinator and Programme Manager;
- Be a strategic and creative thinker
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration deadlines and resource limitations
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of projects’ priorities and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to attain project goals.
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and staff
Required Skills and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in social science or humanities. A higher degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in web publishing for maintaining project website.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Application deadline: Monday, July 10, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A cover letter and CV should be sent to The Coordinator AFRICMIL at email@example.com
AFRICMIL is an equal opportunity employer.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.