1. NEW ELECTION SCHEDULE:
SATURDAY, MARCH 28, 2015 – Presidential and National Assembly Elections (original date: February 14)
SATURDAY, APRIL 11, 2015 – Gubernatorial and State Assembly Elections (original date: February 28)
2. WHO CAN VOTE: Registered Voters Who have their Permanent Voters Card (PVC), after having exchanged their Temporary Voters Card (TVC). You cannot (or should not) have both TVC and PVC, because to obtain a PVC, you must have turned in your TVC in exchange.
3. PVC: This is a plastic card with your picture and other details, including a 19-Character VOTER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (VIN), and bar code at the back. You must present it at your designated Polling Unit (PVC-PU) to vote.
4. TVC: This is laminated card also with your photo-id, with much of the same information as on the PVC (for example, same VIN). Presenting it however will not enable you to vote. It will have the Polling Unit (TVC-PU) at which you at which you registered.
5. NOTE: Without registering, you cannot get a TVC. Without a TVC, you cannot get a PVC. But just as you picked up your TVC yourself, you must pick up your PVC yourself. Also while you have the same VIN on your TVC and your PVC, the PVC-PU need not be the same as the TVC-PU, because where you registered to get your TVC may be different from where you are assigned to vote.
6. PU Example: PU: 07/13/11/029 [ie State #7, LGA #13, Ward # 11 and Polling Unit #29]
7. VIN Example – 90F5-AF9C-D829-5785-273 [Note down the last five or seven numeric digits]
8. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR PVC: but you want to know where your designated Polling Unit (PVC-PU) is;
IF ALL YOUR HAVE IS YOUR TVC AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHETHER YOUR PVC IS READY: then
Send an SMS to 0817-164-6879 with ONLY the following information:
Your State, Your Last Name, Last Five or Seven Digits of your VIN (TVC or PVC)
Example: Rivers, Abraham, 5785273 or Rivers, Abraham, 85273
9. WHAT YOU GET AFTER YOU SEND THE SMS: Your mobile phone will receive almost instantly, information including (IF AVAILABLE) your PVC-PU (eg 07/13/11/029) and its full location description in words. Note it down – this is the PU at which you will vote. If you don’t have a PVC ready for you at all, SMS back to you will be “UNABLE TO FIND TO ANY VOTER WITH THIS NAME…..” In that case, it is unlikely you will be able to vote in these elections.
10. IF ALL YOU HAVE IS STILL YOUR TVC: And detailed information via SMS is returned, then you are free to go and collect your PVC. Have your TVC with you – you must exchange it for the PVC.
11. TO FIND OUT WHERE TO COLLECT YOUR PVC IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR TVC
ii. Then enter your TVC-PU, press “Find Pickup Location”, and you will be provided with the CENTRALIZED INEC location (Ward Office WO) where you can pick up your PVC. Remember to take your TVC with you – you need it to get your PVC.
This bulletin Issued as a Public Service by NigerianMuse.com. Information provided above is accurate as on February 14, 2015. Any error is purely NM’s, and is regretted.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.