The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) is calling on academics in Nigerian tertiary institutions to submit research proposals on telecommunication researches that are practical, locally realizable and have clear potential of developing the telecommunications industry.
The NCC is the regulatory body for the Nigerian telecommunications industry and is expressing interest in feasible research ideas, capable of replacing or advancing foreign technologies in the Nigerian telecommunications industry.
The initiative aims to help build capacity in the tertiary institutions and promote Nigeria’s contribution to the pool of technologies in use in the communications industry.
To be eligible for submission of research proposal, research proposals must come from teaching academics in Nigeria’s tertiary institutions; and have a one-page executive summary of the research proposal to include relevance of the research to the telecommunications industry.
The criteria for the evaluation of the research submissions include:
- Adherence of proposal to stated requirements
- Clear statement and explanation of the problems
- Proposed solution to the problem
- Novelty of the research proposal (comprehensive literature review to bring out clearly the novelty of the research)
- Proposed approach and methodology
- Proof of concept (feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, etc)
- Clear relevance to the telecommunications industry
- Evidence of local realization up to prototype
- Cost reasonableness (cost of actualizing the idea excluding furniture and allowances)
- Schedule of project organizations
- Coherent presentation and packaging of concept, integration of research with education (capacity building of students via the implementation of the project in the institution)
- Evidence of competence of team in executing the project (including past work and curriculum vitae of team members)
At the preliminary stage, all submissions will be assessed and the submissions that are found to be promising and capable of improving the telecommunications industry of the country will go on for further assessment that will be done by a different caliber of assessors.
The commission may decide to invite sponsors or authors of research for defense of their proposals before a decision on whether or not the project will be funded by the commission is made.
The deadline for the proposals submission is April 30, 2016.
Interested researchers are required to submit copies of their research proposals and address it to:
The Executive Vice Chairman/CEO
Attention: (The Head, New Media and Information Security)
Nigerian Communications Commission
Plot 423 Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.